Saturday, October 09, 2004

Bush's 22 most ridiculous statements

So hard to choose....

1. I tried diplomacy.

2. Saddam Hussein was a threat because he could have given weapons of mass destruction to terrorist enemies (What WMDs??)

3. "He [Allawi] talked about the fact that Iraqis love to be free." ( Free of life, limb, their families, their jobs, hospitals etc etc)

4. I remember sitting in the White House looking at those generals, saying: "Do you have what you need in this war? Do you have what it takes?" I remember going down to the basement of the White House the day we committed our troops, as last resort, looking at Tommy Franks and the generals on the ground, asking them do we have the right plan with the right troop level? And they looked me in the eye and said, yes, sir, Mr. President. (Big Fat Lie)

5. I hear there's rumors on the Internets

6. Tell Alexander Kwasniewski of Poland we're going alone. (Oct4th o4: Poland said that it aims to withdraw all of its 2,500 troops from Iraq)


7. I know that there's people working overtime ( Under new rules issued by the Bush administration, many workers might not be paid extra for the overtime hours they work. Congress passed legislation to change the rules to protect overtime pay, but President Bush has threatened to veto that legislation.)

8.
When a drug comes in from Canada, I want to make sure it cures you and doesn't kill you.

9. And my worry is is that, you know, it looks like it's from Canada; it might be from a Third World. (stop the Intergalactic drug trade!)

10. Uh, let me see where to start here. First, the National Journal named Senator Kennedy the most liberal senator of all. And that's saying something in that bunch. You might say that took a lot of hard work.

11. We have a deficit because this country went into a recession. You might remember the stock market started to decline dramatically six months before I came to office (Economists say the recession began in March 2001)

12.
We've got to pay our troops more.(The Pentagon wants to cut the pay of its 148,000 U.S. troops in Iraq; Injured Troops Pay Cut In Half)

13. We've got battling green eyeshades (Whaaa?)

14. My time up yet? (Hell yes)

15. We've got an aggressive brown-field program to refurbish inner-city sore spots

16. I proposed to the United States Congress a Clear Skies initiative ("...why is the Administration bragging about a plan that will actually result in more pollution than if we simply enforced the existing Clean Air Act?")

17. What happens in those forests because of lousy federal policy, is they grow to be, they, they are, they're not harvested.

18. I guess you'd say I'm a good steward of the land. The quality of the air is cleaner since I've been the president. Fewer water complaints since I've been the president. (Groups file suit over water-pollution permitting program; America's Waters at Risk; How Clean Water is Threatened by Budget Cuts)

19. I truly believe that's the way to get from how we live today to being able to live a standard of living that we're accustomed to...

20. You can save tax free. You get a catastrophic plan to help you own it.

21. let me incense you to go on the government.

22. That's not what the Constitution says. The Constitution of the United States says we're all - you know, it doesn't say that









<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?